Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Gravy Baby....

Day two of yummy eats! We headed over to a local diner for breakfast this morning. Bertie's Good Eats. Definitely lives up to it's name.  I love how everyone is a local, knows everyone else. It's a nice change of pace considering we live in such a touristy beach town!  Since I am in my eating phase, I decided that I might as well go all out. Next week, I'm down to 500 calories a day, and have a very limited food selection. If you're going to do something, do it well right? So, I ordered biscuits and gravy, and hashbrowns sprinkled with cheddar cheese. Our poor waitress screwed up and put the cheese on the gravy. At first, I wasn't excited. I was downright disappointed. But oh my goodness, holy cheesy gravy! If I ever get to eat biscuits and gravy again, I will only eat it with cheese! Heaven in my mouth! So, of course I gorged myself. I tried really hard to clean my plate, but alas, no luck.



This was the yummy aftermath of my breakfast of fatty champions! I thoroughly enjoyed the eating. The digesting, not so much. I haven't been that sick in a while.  I had to lie down my stomach hurt so bad! Then, we had the great idea to go to the beach. Putting on a bathing suit was less than enjoyable, and the hot sun? Not pleasant when you have a big greasy gravy belly.  

At the beach however, I was blessed with this heartwarming sight:



Sweet lovebirds! Out for a Sunday stroll on the beach. Glad someone felt like walking on the beach. I could only lie in the sun in my stuffed misery! 

Eventually, it was time to eat again, and with joyous abandon, we devoured steak fajitas, fruit salad, and one big heaping spoonful of salted caramel gelato. I was happy for my lighter (yet just as deliciously sinful) dinner choice. Another full belly, this time a very happy one. However...I think by the end of this week, I will be thankful and more than ready for my fasting/praying/hCG phase of life. Until then...bring on the eats! 

No comments:

Post a Comment