Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

We've really been missing comfort food on the diet, and with a tropical storm wailing outside the window, it was doubly hard.  So, my husband came up with a great idea. We did a sort of pseudo shepherd's pie and stayed in the confines of the diet.




We cooked off cabbage and onions, chopped lean steak up into little tiny pieces, and mixed it up with some good spices.  Then we mashed cauliflower with some vegetable stock and layered them together. It was delicious and very filling. We could only eat about half of our serving and saved the rest for lunch the next day. Let me put this into perspective for you. 1.25 grams of meat, 5 grams of veggies. And I was completely stuffed! It's amazing what the hCG does for your portions.  

A couple of hours later, we had dessert and it was so delish! This will definitely stay in our diet as a "treat."  We cored and chopped up a Macintosh apple, crumbled a few Melba Toasts, added cinnamon, nutmeg, Stevia, and a pinch of clove and pumpkin spice, then mixed it all up and baked it. Viola! Delicious apple crumble with no added sugar or butter.  

(Tastes a lot better than it looks! 
And it made the whole house smell as though we'd been baking all day. Yum yum!!) 


It was very nice to get a break and eat some "tasty" food. However, I think this food, combined with not enough water, (and two days of red meat) stalled me for 3 days! Grr!!! It was worth it to see what we can and cannot do, and I will probably eat these foods again, just not back to back for two consecutive days. Lesson learned.  

Yesterday, I skipped a fruit and bread serving, and we ate our leftover shepherd's pie (which was only half a serving), and chicken and cabbage for dinner. I also drank a gallon and a half of water. And this morning, I was back on track, losing another pound, and at least a half inch off of every one of my measurements.  Yay!! Next up, first week weight and measurement report! 

No comments:

Post a Comment